Experience the Excitement Houston Vacations Will Offer Your Family!
From racing down the slippery slides at our famous water parks, to riding bumper cars and playing arcade games at one of many entertainment complexes, to relaxing in the sun and sand
at the nearby beach, Houston vacations will never leave a dull moment for your family!
Explore the wonderful attractions Houston offers your family and start planning your Houston vacation today!
Houston, Texas, the fourth largest city in the United States with over 2 million residents, has a never-ending list of attractions, events and must-see landmarks that will appeal to all ages, from toddlers to teenagers. Whatever you are looking for in your Houston vacation, you will find it!
Here's just a sneak peek of what you will find with Houston Vacations:
Enjoy the Local Water Parks
Keep the kids and yourself entertained (and wet) for hours at our two water parks!
Endless Entertainment for All Ages
- Our must-visit entertainment complexes offer endless fun from bowling to high-tech arcade games to outdoor miniature golf and go karts.
- The large local parks offer fun-filled attractions from train rides to paddle boats.
- Our abundance of museums provide both education and interactive entertainment for the entire family
- Our huge local zoo allows you and the kids to learn and interact with exotic animals and also includes a Children’s Zoo with a carousel and kid-friendly activities.
- There are huge nature centers where you can explore all types of plant life and enjoy a relaxing atmosphere within the big city.
- Year-round festivals of all types offer great entertainment and great food for everyone!
Lots of Shopping
If shopping is your thing, you won't be disappointed with the world-class shopping opportunities here in Houston. But don't worry, many of our shopping malls have attractions that will keep the kids entertained while you shop. It's a win-win!
Relax on the Beach!
Enjoy a day on Galveston Beach, which is just a short drive from Houston. Play in the sand, walk the seawall, eat at some of the best seafood restaurants around, or take in some of the attractions, like Moody Gardens.
Take a trip to the Boardwalk
Feel like you’re on the Coney Island Boardwalk but just a short drive away from Houston at Kemah Boardwalk. Choose from an abundance of popular restaurants (especially seafood), take a water boat ride, enjoy the carousel, ride the train, or get your thrill on the roller coaster and so much more!
Explore the Theater Arts
Explore the theater arts with world-renowned performances from ballet, to symphony, to opera in our famous Theater District.
Enjoy the Local Sports Scene
Houston is home to some of the most famous sports teams including the Rockets, Texans, and Astros. Catch a game or two during your vacation and cheer for the home team!
Enjoy Houston’s Unique Dining Experiences
Experience the varied tastes of Houston from delicious barbecue to fresh seafood to unique dining experiences your kids will get a kick out of.
I have lived in the Houston area all of my life and still find new attractions and events happening in my city all the time. So consider me as your personal guide to the most popular Houston vacation destinations. I guarantee Houston vacations will not disappoint!
- Houston Vacations Blog
- The Houston Vacations Blog offers you all the updates and additions to the Fun-Family-Houston-Vacations.com website. Make sure you subscribe to keep up to date.
- Learn About Houston Airports
- Learn about the two major Houston Airports, Hobby and Houston Intercontinental Airports. Get directions, airline information, getting around the airport and rental car information.
- A Map of Houston Texas Will Help You Navigate Through the City
- Having a map of Houston Texas during you vacation is essential and will make your vacation go much smoother. Find a downloadable Houston map and learn about the major highways and surrounding areas.
- Houston Events Calendar
- The Houston events calendar keeps you informed of the many events happening around town.
- Enjoy Houston Parks' Natural Beauty
- Lush green spaces, running and biking trails, lakes and restaurants are just a few of the unexpected surprises you'll find at many of the Houston Parks.
- Enjoy the Waterparks in the Houston Area
- Experience slides, waves, lazy rivers and more at the Houston-area waterparks.
- Get Ready for Houston Attractions
- Your family will have an abundance of Houston attractions to add to the itinerary!
- Houston Museums Offer Education, Discovery, and Imagination For All Ages
- Houston Museums offer something of interest for all ages from young to old. Prepare to be entertained and educated and let your imagination soar as you visit each museum.
- Kemah Boardwalk Offers Fun Filled Adventures
- Enjoy great food, fun rides and games, and the fantastic view of Galveston Bay at Kemah Boardwalk.
- About Houston Movie Theaters
- There are an abundance of Houston movie theaters available for movie fanatics. Find a listing of movie theaters here.
- Houston Shopping Malls, Outlets, and More
- Houston Shopping Malls offer an abundance of shopping options for every type of shopper and include a mix of high-end stores, budget-friendly stores and everything in between.
- Enjoy Houston Festivals Year-Round
- Houston Festivals Offer Education, Food, and Fun for Both Locals and Visitors Year-Round
- Explore Downtown Houston Texas for Fun and Entertainment
- Downtown Houston Texas is the "heart" of the city and offers lots of attractions, events, theatrical performances, restaurants, and so much more.
- Your Houston Restaurant Guide
- The Houston Restaurant Guide provides some of the best places to eat in Houston that the locals love.
- Houston Texas Hotels
- Houston Texas hotels vary greatly from the upscale and pricey to the budget-friendly. Get an overview of the hotels here.
- The Island of Galveston Texas
- Galveston Texas is an island located a short distance from Houston with miles of sun, sand and lots of waves!
- Galveston Texas Hotels
- Galveston Texas hotels vary from moderately priced to upscale luxury right on the beach.
- Fun Cruises Out of Galveston
- Fun cruises out of Galveston offer relaxation. adventure. and entertainment for all ages.
- Learn About Houston Texas Weather
- Houston Texas weather is typically warm throughout the year which makes it a good family vacation destination. Learn more about Houston weather here.
- All About Galveston Weather
- Galveston weather offers warmer temperatures throughout most of the year, making it a great beach getaway nearly year-round.
- Contact Me with Your Questions about Houston Vacations
- Contact me with your questions about planning your Houston Vacation.